Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Rainy Day Mushroom Pillow


I'm new to this, so bear with me! I've looked at a few others blogs, ones on art, photography, fashion, architecture, and music and it's inspired me to make my own! If anything for my own benefit, kind of as an interest journal. I want to be an art history major so I have a passion for all things artistic and visually stimulating. I decided this would be a good way for me to express myself with pictures, videos, music clips, and writings by merging my passion in art, photography, fashion, travel, cooking, and life. Hopefully this will inspire me to use my closet to its fullest extent, document my art, explore new artists and musicians, and use my creativity.

Here's a little background on me, I'm from Asheville, NC. I moved to Savannah, GA to go to SCAD (Savannah College of Art and Design) to get a degree in art history, had to drop out (due to the recession and lack of funds after my freshman year), met my amazing boyfriend Dillon 7 months ago who I love dearly, and now we are on our way to Denver at the end of March!
Anyways, enough about that, here is my outfit post for today. It was rainy and cool out today... we had snow here over the weekend!!! (Did I mention I live in southern Georgia?!) Didn't stick of course but it was quite magical. Gets me so excited to be around snow again.
I recently purchased this dress (that I'm wearing as a shirt) at UO. It was one of the first things you see when you walk in the door and I immediately fell in love with it. Of course it was way out of my price range so I continued to mozey on to the sales in the back. I found the same dress again but marked down to $24!!! There is a tiny rip along the seem in the back at the top which I knew would be an easy fix. It's a size small which is a size too small for me so I'll just wear it as a long shirt/tunic and for high waisted skirts. I also scored this jean jacket at Goodwill for $5 and a velvet black high waisted skirt for $3! And I only had 5 minutes before the store closed! I am master bargain speed shopper extraordinaire!!!!   



jacket - Goodwill (originally from Express) $6
shirt - UO $24
pants - UO $20
oxford boots - Civies $36
necklace - Natural Treasures (City Market, Savannah) $10
rings - gifts

Anyways, I'm off to the library with Dill! Have a lovely day :)

0 loves: